With the cold of winter, feel of wet rain and cold snow hitting your face, it can be tempting to sit inside on the couch eating chips and drinking coke. Unfortunately none of these things will keep you healthy. With cold and flu season around the corner, staying healthy is important for making it through the winter without a major illness.
If you want to greet spring after a healthy winter season here is how to do it:
• Exercise Regularly: It
is important to get off the couch, even when you don’t want to. If the
weather is keeping you indoors do activities from home like lunges, sit
ups, push ups and jogging in place. You can do three sets of fifteen for
each exercise after jogging in place for ten minutes. This will keep
your body in gear and you will have less work to do to get prepared for
• Go Outside: When the sun is shining put on a warm jacket, gloves, hat, boots and go for a walk. Get outside and breathe in the fresh air. It will do you good and lift your spirits.
• Open the Windows: Let some fresh air in and blow out the germs from coughing kids. It is important to have the air circulate so that it doesn’t stay stale inside the house.
• Flu Shot: Go to the doctor and have them give you a flu shot or a flu mist to help you fight off winters worst bug. The pain from a shot now is worth it to keep you healthy.
• Eat Green Veggies: Load up with the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay healthy. Eat dark green veggies like broccoli, spinach and collard greens for maximum nutrition.
• Drink Tea: Green tea has healing properties that can help prevent colds and sickness.
• Rest: Get plenty of sleep. It is essential to helping your body fight off illness and disease. Without sleep your body is worn down and more likely to fall ill.
Stay healthy this winter by taking care of yourself. A few extra minutes now can save you weeks of being home sick and unproductive.